The Reinhart Collection
In 1925, James Reinhart moved from Ferndale to Eureka and set up a gunsmith business at 109 F Street, (the building no longer exists) where he plied his trade and collected guns until his death in 1935. His widow sold his collection of guns and associated items to then Superintendent of Eureka City Schools, George Albee, who placed them at the Eureka High School Museum. Over time the EHS museum became overcrowded, and when long-term EHS teacher Cecile Clarke retired from teaching and established the Clarke Museum, the gun collection followed her to the museum. The Reinhart Collection accounts for roughly half of the Clarke gun collection.
Sharps Model 1874 Rifle, .45 cal. (1871-1881)
Robinson Over-Under Shotgun/Rifle Combo, .46 cal./.36 cal.
Peacock and Thatcher Flintlock Plains Rifle, .60 cal.
American Arms Double-Derringer, .41 cal. (1866-1878)
Remington Elliot Pepperbox, .22 cal.
Philadelphia Derringer, .45 cal
J. C. Terry Derringer, .22 cal
Ethan Allen “Copy” Derringer, .32 cal
J & J Miller Revolving Rifle, .52 cal.
Golcher “Kentucky” Pistol, .30 cal.
Hand-Made Pistol, .36 cal.
Foster Target Rifle, .50 cal.
Winchester 1876 Repeating Rifle, .45 cal. (1876-1897)
Marlin Single-Shot Rifle, .38 cal.
Eli Whitney Phoenix Rifle, .44 cal.
Hopkins & Allen Pocket Revolver, .38 cal.
Smith & Wesson Model #1 Pocket Revolver, .22 cal.
Eli Whitney Pocket Revolver, .22 cal.
Colt New Line Pocket Revolver, .22 cal.
Ballard Single-Shot Rifle, .38 cal.
Winchester 1866 Repeating Rifle, .44 cal.
Remington Single-Shot Rifle, .45 cal.
Wm. Moore Shotgun, .74 cal.
“Copy” of Colt ’51 Navy Revolver, .36 cal.
Smith & Wesson New Model #3 Revolver, .44 cal.
Eli Whitney 2nd Model Navy Revolver, .36 cal.
Sharps Borchardt Sporting Rifle, .45 cal.